How do I start building backlinks?

bilanmaksim

How can I start building backlinks using White Hat SEO without getting caught by Google? I know Google prefers organic links, not paid ones, and I don't want to be penalized.

Should I include 10% no-follow backlinks? Should I use different anchor keywords? Should I focus on high Domain Rating sites, and do they need to be relevant to my niche? I’m looking for cheap backlinks, so what’s the easiest way to do this?

Thanks!

The best way to get high-quality backlinks is to have excellent content on your website. Good content naturally attracts links because webmasters prefer linking to valuable material.

Begin by reaching out to niche-related websites for guest posting opportunities. Share your content on social media, engage in relevant forums, and connect with industry influencers. You can also use the broken link building strategy by suggesting alternative content.

Use a variety of anchor texts and a natural mix of follow and no-follow links. Focus on quality over quantity, and avoid buying cheap backlinks to prevent penalties.

Last edited:
Here are some ways to build backlinks for free:
  • Do value-based guest posting. Most guest posts lack quality. Instead of offering low-value content, pitch your expertise and provide a post that genuinely benefits the site. For example, identify a keyword they want to target and write a guest post around that topic.
  • Use HARO or similar platforms. HARO (Help a Reporter Out) and similar services connect journalists with sources. These platforms are great for earning high-authority backlinks without much hassle.
  • Build relationships with other bloggers. Connect with bloggers on Twitter or LinkedIn, engage with their content, and then propose a backlink collaboration, like a link exchange. This approach is time-consuming but effective, especially if you’re building a niche site with few existing backlinks.
Best Tools for Building Backlinks
  • Semrush/Ahrefs. These are essential for extracting competitor backlink profiles and evaluating potential backlink prospects.
  • Outreach tool. For beginners, Snov offers great value with its email warmup, email finder credits, and outreach tool. For advanced users or agencies, Pitchbox is the top choice.
  • Hunter.io - useful for finding prospect emails.
  • Link Assistant or Scrapebox - helpful for prospecting.
  • Warmup Inbox - for warming up email accounts.
  • MailGenius - to check email health.
You can also use ChatGPT to write your email first lines if you want a creative touch.

Last edited:
Back